|Center Location:||Melville NY|
|Leaders:||Vaishali & Satish Sheth|
|Time:||Mon - Fri (7:00 - 8:00 PM)|
The state of Kerala has witnessed devastating rains and floods in the month of August, 2018. Over 387 people have lost their lives and lakhs of people are displaced.
Responding to the calamity, SRLC distributed food supplies and clothing to individual houses as well as relief camps. However the destruction to infrastructure and property is on an unimaginable scale. The people of Kerala need our compassionate care and support!
All donations would be judiciously utilised towards Emergency Relief initiatives and will be utilised to provide relief by supplying food items such as rice, wheat, pulses etc., personal care items such as clothes, footwear, toiletries etc., house-hold items such as utensils, mattresses, torch lights etc. and/or long term rehabilitation work. Every contribution, big or small, will go a long way in helping Kerala and it's people.
Let us extend our love and bring about a sense of hope in times of despair!
- Shrimad Rajchandra Medical Trust established on 2nd April for providing quality medical facilities to the underprivileged
- Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital (SRH) inaugurated on 14th April
- Shrimad Rajchandra Educational Trust established on 31st July for empowering children through quality education, value-based learning and holistic development
- A residential school at Tamachhadi adopted and renamed as Shrimad Rajchandra Vidyavihar
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Mobile Medical Care - a dispensary at the doorsteps of the underprivileged
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Educational Aids, an initiative to distribute subsidised educational aids to needy rural students
- Launch of ‘Cards for a Cause’ to showcase the creative expressions of the tribal students of Shrimad Rajchandra Gurukul and Shrimad Rajchandra Vidyavihar through very special greeting cards
- Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital accorded First Referral Unit (FRU) status
- Opening of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at SRH to save the lives of premature babies with birth complications
- Shrimad Rajchandra Pavilion inaugurated on 1st November at the Mahatma Gandhi Stadium, Vansda, to provide a common gathering place for the community
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Kumar Chhatralaya, a hostel for higher secondary students
- The first Shrimad Rajchandra Pustakalay donated to Karanjveri Patel Primary School, Karanjveri
- Shrimad Rajchandra Vidyavikas Yojana started to encourage academic excellence and motivate the youth to pursue higher education through interest-free loans and scholarships
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Viklang Centre, a state of the art unit to provide treatment and rehabilitation services for the physically challenged
- Inauguration of Shrimad Rajchandra Gurukul – a secondary and higher secondary school for science located in Karanjveri, Gujarat, to provide quality education to rural students
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Mahila Gruha Udyog to provide employment opportunities to rural women and artisans
- Launch of Prisoner Welfare Programme on Valentine's Day
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Cattle Rehabilitation Programme, an initiative to rehabilitate cattle saved from slaughter by giving them to needy farmers
- First year of participation in the Mumbai Marathon with 1500 participants, winning many awards including Highest Fund-Raising NGO
- Hosting of ‘Love of Faith’ - an Interfaith Charity Walk organised in London, encompassing six world faiths in a warm and welcoming setting
- Unveiling of an air-conditioned ICU Ambulance Van for the benefit of the underprivileged
- Standards 11th and 12th added to Shrimad Rajchandra Gurukul
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Saksharta Ghar Angane programme to educate rural folk at their doorsteps
- Launch of Shrimad Rajchandra Kala Utsav to provide a platform for the rural youth to showcase their artistic talents and have an opportunity to pursue them professionally
- A new premise built to facilitate Shrimad Rajchandra Mahila Gruha Udyog activities
- SRLC awarded for being the 3rd highest organisation in Voluntary Blood Donation in Valsad and Dang District for last 3 years
- Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital wins the Medscape India Award for 'Excellence in Rural Health'
- Launch of Early Intervention Programme, which aims at early detection of disorders in newborn babies and preventive intervention, at Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital
- Support extended towards emergency relief in the aftermath of the Uttarakhand floods
- Adoption of the drought-hit Bavi village in Maharashtra
- Prisoner Welfare Programme extended to the Navsari Jail
- Inauguration of a refurbished Animal Care Centre in Manchester, United Kingdom